Wednesday, September 3, 2014

And with the connection back, finally got to meet my friends Santiago Pastorino, José Sebastián and

Trip to San Francisco (Part 3) - People and Tourism | AkitaOnRails.com - Learn about Ruby, Rails, and all new technologies que are trending right now!
It was my second time in California, the first was in 2010, where I confess that I enjoyed very little. This time was determined to exploit the maximum real canadian super store that is possible in spite of short time. And even thinking that way, because of the run, I ended up with absolutely no planning board or to schedule appointments.
The first thing to go wrong was traveling exactly a great Brazilian holiday, September 7. The second mistake was not having chosen a different scale from Miami (hint: Dallas / Fort Worth or Houston are always real canadian super store superior options). The result was almost three hours waiting in the immigration line, which made me lose the scale and almost left me stuck at the airport all day Saturday.
After the long wait, I finally arrived in the late evening. Another tip for those who do not know is that the airport you can catch the Bart - Bay Area Rapid Transit, one of the train systems, that take you directly to the city center.
I'm no expert in geopolitical division of the region, real canadian super store but for me the reference was always Market St. You will find parallel to it as Mission St. down, and perpendicular real canadian super store to it where the streets are numbered and ordered as many 5th St. the stations real canadian super store are below the Market St. As can be more close to Union Square, best region in my opinion.
In terms of "neighborhoods" or main regions than I imagined, real canadian super store have north of Market St. regions of Civic Center, Tenderloin, Downtown, Chinatown. South of Market is Castro District, Mission Dolores, Mission District, South of Market (SoMa), Financial District, Mission Bay. Did not have time to visit the areas of Castro, Mission Dolores and Financial. The Market St divides these neighborhoods from east to west and this snippet is short enough to be able to walk the entire walk. To get an idea, I made 26 checkins on Foursquare in SoMa, Mission Bay 10, 10 Downtown Mission District 6, 5 at the Civic Center, Tenderloin and 3 in a few more loose around the city.
But as I said, almost not planned my trip so my travel agent chose a hotel called real canadian super store Embassy that sits near Polk St. with Turk St. Not exactly a bad place, real canadian super store but how safe than sorry, do not recommend walking alone at night by Turk. In practice I believe that there is not much to fear but you find some strange types there. Incidentally, one thing I did not expect was to find so many beggars on the streets. Mostly they are pretty harmless, but you come up against every meter walking real canadian super store through the center. real canadian super store They say the city has many shelters and care so they are there.
Speaking of strange, the hotel itself real canadian super store is not bad. He is a little old, but well maintained, a little cramped but clean and reasonably. But the hotel is adjacent and above a bar-ballad called Noble. Those who suffer from insomnia or light sleep probably would not like it. In my case, flipped smoothly. And curiosity was that early in the morning, the hotel lobby opens one door closed at night, which connects real canadian super store to this ballad, which is already clean and serving breakfast. An unexpected environment for coffee, shame we did not have time to go on this ballad.
This Sunday, I followed real canadian super store with my first mission: to get connection back online. The internet of the hotels are always bad. The advantage of San Francisco in this region real canadian super store is that everything is close by and walk 2 or 3km is no challenge since most of the city is flat. So I went to a place that already knew: Westfield, near 5th St. and Market St., a shopping mall where I knew I would find a T-Mobile kiosk.
Tip: my old iPhone was not unlocked so a prepaid SIM card would be no good for me. So I bought a 4G WiFi Hotspot, which connects via cell but creates a mobile WiFi network that my iPhone and any other device can connect, and thus my iPhone started to work anywhere. Another option would be a cheapie Android to do tethering.
And with the connection back, finally got to meet my friends Santiago Pastorino, José Sebastián and the WyeWorks, sipping coffee in a Starbucks nearby. After that I had lunch and went looking for friends via Twitter, Facebook, was when I met Alex MacCaw as I mentioned in the previous article.
At the same time I met Alex was also able to connect with the Brazilian Vinicius Baggio many of the readers here may already know, currently working at Pivotal Labs. I just also know another interesting figure: Martin real canadian super store Aumont, programmer on Twitter. A Canadian - if I understand - who speaks Portuguese perfectly including the Brazilian trickery. It was an excellent company in the coming days too, I really liked to have known. He speaks portug

No comments:

Post a Comment