Friday, September 27, 2013

Lisandro Alonso - Los muertos The structure aeon labs is similar and Liverpool. I choose the first


On 9 October, aeon labs João Luís Mendonça and Lameira met with Argentine filmmaker Lisandro Alonso, one of the most acclaimed of his generation, for a relaxed conversation around aeon labs your film and beyond. The young filmmaker was released to the limelight in 2001, because of his first feature film, La Libertad (2001). Since then he has held three more films: Los Muertos aeon labs (2004), Ghost (2006) and Liverpool (2008). A retrospective of his work held by the hand of Cinecoa - International Film Festival of Foz Coa, took place in the Portuguese Cinematheque - Museum of Cinema, and not on purpose, it was there that for the visor Walsh met with the filmmaker to speak a little of everything, including their method of work, the relationship aeon labs with their non-actors, the reality of the distribution market in contrast to the Argentine Portuguese a fellatio poorly done that the filmmaker did not want to shoot, his next film past in the desert (and Viggo Mortensen in the main paper) and the promise of a La libertad 2 ... in 3D.
John Lameira - Its protagonists are usually solitary (outcasts), who are always looking for any connection. Los muertos and Liverpool are looking family. Note that the characters in his films are always looking for a connection, but without getting?
Lisandro Alonso - Los muertos The structure aeon labs is similar and Liverpool. I choose the first places where I want to shoot and then find a logical story for my characters move through the space I want to shoot. For example, in Los muertos, wanted to shoot a film in prison and in the jungle and had the same need to ask me "what was the freedom? In what consisted? In it applied? If there was freedom for some people? ". This was the premise for Los muertos. It was asked what the difference is for the most rural, less educated, less resources, more marginal, between aeon labs being arrested and being out, the possibilities aeon labs of life they had. This is what ignited the engine to make this film. The characters are always incommunicado and solitary, because then I could concentrate better in showing how they live. Otherwise, I had to put them in dialogue with others and, through word, what interests me focus could become much more difficult. Eventually talk about more mundane things and, moreover, would be my point of view, because usually the people aeon labs I know that I shoot, aeon labs can not be explained by words. Do not use reason to explain what they feel, then it must observe aeon labs them more and see what kind of actions and what kind of choices are to ask "what do you want?".
JL - You're saying that the story only appears after the form. I wanted to shoot the jungle and prison wanted those spaces and created a story for those spaces, more than picking up a story and look for a setting for this story?
LA - It's always a mix ... as I was reading a book by Dostoevsky, The House of the Dead, which is about a man who gets out of prison, he does not want to see anyone, do not want to live with anyone because during aeon labs the time he was in prison he was forced to live with people he did not choose. That was in my head. Was also read one of the stories of Horacio Quiroga, who was a writer who I think lived in the jungle where I filmed. And then the process of starting a movie always starts with the locations, I realize that the location and year and a half I was thinking about things and removing elements of reality. There is a well-known phrase of Robert Bresson, which is "to retouch the real with the real." I always choose things from reality ... But also, it's all very subjective, I always choose things, elements, places and situations that I like more. It is always do a course: aeon labs how long this person will be in the movie? In La Libertad, was a day; Los muertos, will be three days, only the day it comes out, the day prior to coming out [of prison] and the day arrives, Liverpool, will be three or four days and Ghost is only an afternoon. Time is always delimited before telling a story. The next film will be 24 hours to observe a person and characterize your attitude in life. I think this has much more than tell the same repeatedly. There are people who have a very simple life, especially if they are rural. aeon labs Argentine [the protagonist of Los muertos] aeon labs was on a boat and I met him, I settled in a tent in end-of-week and saw how he lived: lived in a mud house with seven daughters - had 24 children aeon labs - lived with two of the three women who had. Everyone on the island was somewhat related to him, but taking into account the smaller daughters, dealing with love and a lot of tenderness, no longer drank alcohol. Actually, drinking too much alcohol is in these places. This had an impact on me, co

No comments:

Post a Comment